Eye exercises Give your eyes a good rest
- Sit in a comfortable place and rub your clean hands until your palms feel warm. Close your eyes and cover them with the palms of your hands, without pressing. Cover your eyes with the palms of your hands so that the nose is free to breathe, but no light enters between the fingers. Imagine deep darkness and focus on that darkness. Breathe slowly and deeply. Stay focused on that darkness for about 3 minutes.
- Close your eyes tightly for 3-5 seconds. Open them well for another 3-5 seconds. Repeat the exercise 7 times.
- Close your eyes and massage them very gently with your fingertips for 2-3 seconds. Press very gently with three fingers of each hand on the upper eyelids. Repeat 5 times.
- Sit relaxed. Move your eyes in a clockwise direction 21 times. Then counterclockwise another 21 times. Blink a few times between exercises.
- Grab a pencil or other object with your hand and your arm fully extended. Move your hand slowly closer to your nose and follow the pencil or object with your eyes so that you always keep it in focus. Repeat between 7 and 21 times.
- Look at a wall in front of you and pretend that you are writing with your eyes, without moving your head. The bigger you make the letters the better.
- Focus on a distant object for a few seconds and then slowly refocus your eyes on a nearby object (less than 12 inches) that is roughly in the same line or direction. Keep the focus on the near object for a few seconds and refocus on the far object. Repeat up to 21 times.